On April 25, the General Office of the State Council released a policy guidance document titled Opinions on Promoting Foreign Trade Stabilisation and Structural Improvements (关于推动外贸稳规模优结构的意见).
The Opinions require provincial-level governments and central government agencies to facilitate export and improve the structure of China's foreign trade through policy actions in 18 areas.
Below is an outline of the Opinions followed by a document summary.
I. Strengthen Trade Promotion and Market Expansion 强化贸易促进拓展市场
II. Stabilise and Expand the Scale of Import and Export of Key Products 稳定和扩大重点产品进出口规模
III. Increase Financial and Fiscal Support 加大财政金融支持力度
IV. Accelerate the Innovative Development of Foreign Trade 加快对外贸易创新发展
V. Improve the Environment for Foreign Trade Development 优化外贸发展环境
VI. Enhance Organisation and Implementation 加强组织实施
I. Strengthen Trade Promotion and Market Expansion
- Improve connections between suppliers and procurers at key exhibitions
- Promote the resumption of domestic physical exhibitions.
- Normalise online platforms.
- Support Chinese enterprises in participating in overseas exhibitions.
2. Facilitate the movement of cross-border business people
- Improve visa application channels.
- Resume international flights and increase their numbers.
3. Enhance government services for market expansion
- Improve services provided by overseas representative offices of trade promotion agencies; and
- Issue relevant country-specific trade guides.
II. Stabilise and Expand the Scale of Import and Export of Key Products
4. Cultivate a comparative advantage in automobile exports