Date range: August 27 - September 4, 2023
Sources scanned: 104
China Leadership Monitor
- China’s Response to American-Led “Containment and Suppression”
- Bolder Gambits, Same Challenges: Chinese Strategists Assess the Biden Admin’s Indo-Pacific Strategy
- National Security After China’s 20th Party Congress: Trends in Discourse and Policy
- Li Qiang Versus Cai Qi in the Xi Jinping Leadership: Checks and Balances With CCP Characteristics?
"Parallel groupings of power and, correspondingly, tensions in personnel network building and policy priorities have emerged between Premier Li Qiang and Secretary Cai Qi of the Central Committee Secretariat in the current CCP leadership. This helps explain the contradictions in China’s governance, the policy inconsistencies, and sources of personnel instability...
China Media Project
- What Does Xi Jinping Mean by “Forever”?
- The Chinese People Have Stand-Up
- Positive Energy Gets Positive Reinforcement